Ft. Meade, MD
Peterson Technologies is seeking a System Administrator to support our Prime customer in the Ft. Meade area.
This position requires an active DoD Security Clearance
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Seven (7) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must hold an active DoD security clearance
Peterson Technologies will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability.
Please send your request to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-456-0092.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position