Jr Software Engineer
Peterson Technologies is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in our Elkridge office. This person is responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of our software systems. He/she will be able to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, a solid understanding of applicable analytics, and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. This person is patient, has excellent time-management skills, and practices of effective communication style.
- Design and develop – Foster and engineer software solutions from conception to deployment. Evaluate customer requirements and determine existing product reach, potential restrictions, and future development feasibility. Work independently while testing all software in a fluid environment, facilitating verification and quality assurance throughout.
- Coordinate and support – Maintain direct communication with the customer to understand needs throughout the software development lifecycle. Work with the engineering team to execute timely and cost-effective solutions. Provide on-going support and maintenance to the customer as needed.
- Primary Skill set used (Kubernetes with Helm, AWS, Ansible, and Scripting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of all engineering tools and applications and programming languages
About Peterson Technologies:
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes a healthy work / life balance.
Peterson Technologies's benefits include company gifting of 12% towards employees 401k retirement accounts, Good comprehensive health care plans, generous amount of paid time off, employee cash annuity pension plan and unlimited tuition assistance for education and professional development. Employees can also take advantage of flexible work hours, casual dress code, free parking, corporate discounts, and gym memberships.