Peterson Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our Maryland customer in the Ft. Meade area.
This position requires an active DoD Security Clearance
Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
•Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
•Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
•Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
•Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus six (6) years of systems engineering experience.
A High School Diploma or GED plus ten (10) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area).
A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of systems engineering experience
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of systems engineering experience.
*Note 1 – Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
*Note 2 - Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics
Works on the Foundational Team to support data governance services to safeguard and promote TSDF Enterprise standards. Serves as the Deputy Data Steward and a registry manager.
• Highly organized and comfortable with customer engagement
• Demonstrated technical abilities to engage with subject matter experts throughout the end-to-end processing chain to ensure proposed data structures/models suffice for the complete architecture
• Demonstrated experience developing and administering enterprise governance processes
• Background in SIGINT and the Enterprise architecture
• Familiarity with Blood Mary format a plus
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of Enterprise data flow processes and standards
• Analytical expertise to assess options/alternatives regarding data models
• Demonstrated experience in the performance of Configuration Management processes (e.g. Git)
• Demonstrated experience reviewing technical documentation and providing input as needed
Peterson Technologies will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability.
Please send your request to HR at email@example.com.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.